A fast paced horse riding holiday, going between four cattle ranches, in the region just south of the great Iberá wetlands. There will be plenty of galloping, a chance to work with the gauchos, play polo, marvel at the wonderfully abundant wildlife of Corrientes province and it will all be topped off with lots of Argentina’s famous beef and wine.
Min / Max group size
2 / 10
When to travel
March to November
Number of days
5 days / 4 nights
Arrive at Estancia La Rosita in the morning. Short horse ride to try out the horses.
In the afternoon there’ll be a chance to work with the gauchos or have a go at Polo.
Night at Estancia La Rosita
Today you’ll set out across the savannah grasslands. After a barbecue lunch in a small wood and a snooze in a hammock you’ll ride onto Estancia La Amistad.
Night at Estancia La Amistad
Ride to Estancia Buena Vista. After stopping at an old cattle station for a picnic you’ll ride on through a region dotted with lakes, where you almost definitely see Capybara (like giant hamsters) and alligators.
Night at Estancia Buena Vista
Ride to La Pelada, which is blessed with a beautiful main house that looks out across the Corrientes river.
Night at Estancia La Pelada
This day will the longest day of riding that takes you back to Estancia La Rosita.
During your final meal you’ll be accompanied by a local band of Gaucho folk music.
End of trip
From U$D 1,840 per person
- Price includes – All food & beverages (including alcoholic drinks). All accommodation & activity during horse riding holiday: double rooms – please enquire if you require single accommodation. All activities mentioned in the itinerary. All local tax.
- Price does not include – International flights to Argentina. Transport to Corrientes. Bank charges. Personal medical insurance (compulsory). Any visa fees and extras such as tips, laundry etc.
Prices are quoted in US dollars. However, we do receive payments in UK pounds, a sterling rate will be given at the time of booking.
- Riding level: you need to be able to gallop without difficulty. Though for private groups this horse riding holiday can be a adapted for any level.
- Minimum age: 14 years old.
- It is possible to organise a ride for beginner and younger riders.
- Please let us know if you weigh 110 kgs or more.
- There is no need to worry about luggage as it is all carried between the Estancias in trucks.
This program is an example of one of many programs we organize round Argentina. All our trips are tailor-made and we can adapt all our programs to your specific needs. And, if you would like help organizing transport, accommodation or any other activity in any other part of the country we would be very happy to help.